Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Disappointment at Cocoa Beach




It was Memorial Day weekend, 2011. Almost the entire reason I'd gone on this trip was because I wanted to swim in the ocean, and hadn't yet had a chance. After spending 30 hours straight crammed on a bus, we all wanted to hop in the ocean just to feel clean again! Luckily, our first stop was at Cocoa Beach, Florida. We changed into our swimming attire, checked out Ron Jon's Surf Shop and even bought a few souvenirs. However, when we made it down to the beach, we found out terrible news: we couldn't swim. There was a freak jellyfish invasion that had never happened before at Cocoa Beach, and since we didn't know who was allergic and who wasn't, none of us could swim. Just my luck. We went swimming back at the hotel pool, but it really wasn't the same. I did, however, get to see the ocean, surfers, and far more jellyfish than I'd ever wanted to see.






xoxo, xenophile

No comments:

Post a Comment